Mango is a popular tropical fruit, loved by many people around the world. Because of its delicious flavour, it is one of the important fruit in many people’s diets. Due to its sweet taste, it is considered one of the most sugary fruits, which is why people think that consuming mangoes will make them fat. A common question asked about mangoes is that “Are mangoes fattening or good for health?” The plain answer is that eating mangoes won’t make you fat rather they are good for your health. To your surprise, mango can actually help you in your weight loss. Read this article and you will find out why you should eat this sweetest fruit yet do not gain any extra weight.
First, let me tell you about the amazing fact of mango that this fruit contains a lot of healthy nutrients but very few calories. 100g of mango contains only 60 calories, while it is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Mango:
Mango is a delicious fruit, but it’s not the only reason to consume mangoes. They are also packed with nutrients. There are numerous health benefits of mango. I will mention a few of them here.
- Mango is rich in polyphenols which act as antioxidants to prevent cancer and type 2 diabetes.
- The pectin fibre in mango helps reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL), thus preventing heart attack and stroke.
- The dietary fibre in mango helps in regulating the blood sugar level.
- The high content of dietary fibre in mango helps in relieving constipation as well as in controlling weight.
- The phytochemicals found in mango work as fat busters. They suppress the fat cells and the genes related to fats.
- Mango is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C, both of which are essential for the body’s immunity, skin, hair, and eye health.
- The vitamin K in mango is effective in blood clotting and preventing anaemia.
- Mango is a good source of potassium, magnesium and mangiferin which are good for maintaining blood pressure and heart health.
Are Mangoes Fattening?
Consuming mangoes won’t make you fat. The nutritional chart of mango shows that the fat content in mango is almost negligible. In fact, mango contains certain nutrients which function as fat busters. Furthermore, there is a good portion of dietary fibres in mango which will make you feel bellyful for a longer time. Thus, preventing you from overeating. Likewise, mango can also be consumed as a healthy dessert, so that you can avoid eating unhealthy snacks which might be full of fats and processed sugar.
So, these are the few advantages of consuming mango which can benefit you even if you are on a weight loss diet. But one thing you have to remember is that excess of everything is dangerous, while moderation is the key to a balanced life.
If you find this article helpful, share it with others as well.